Re: Are exceptions "still broken" in core Perl?

From:
Zefram
Date:
October 25, 2011 07:11
Re: Are exceptions "still broken" in core Perl?
Message ID:
20111025141052.GM7137@lake.fysh.org
Tom Christiansen wrote:
>That module's manpage alleges:
>
>    There a number of issues with "eval".
>      * Clobbering $@

That's fixed in 5.14.

>      * Localizing $@ silently masks errors

If I understand what it's referring to, that's also fixed in 5.14.

>      * $@ might not be a true value

That still exists.

>core's eval still considered too broken to use?

Don't think we ever considered it too broken to use.  It still has some
awkward semantics, and sugar like Try::Tiny can still be more convenient
to use.  There's more to Try::Tiny than just working around near-bugs.

-zefram