Perl 5.14.2, NetWare and missing functions in sv.c

From:
NormW
Date:
October 24, 2011 16:11
Subject:
Perl 5.14.2, NetWare and missing functions in sv.c
Message ID:
4EA5F08D.9040508@gknw.net
Hi,
While trying (and largely succeeding) to compile Perl 5.14.2, found in
sv.c a few instances of PerlDir_tell() and PerlDir_seek(), which AFAICT
evaluate to telldir() and seekdir() respectively. Existence of these
functions is 'defined' in config.h, and hence would expect to see their
use in sv.c dependent on HAS_TELLDIR and HAS_SEEKDIR. NetWare has
fchdir() but neither telldir() or seekdir(). (see lines 11349-11382).

My 'solution' (for now) was to change line 11320 thus:

>- #ifdef HAS_FCHDIR
>+ #if defined(HAS_FCHDIR) && defined(HAS_SEEKDIR) && defined(HAS_TELLDIR)

however this solution MAY be somewhat less than optimum.

On the topic 'NetWare', have tried building Perl using the 'system'
found in the \Perl\NetWare dir, and while the majority of the source
builds for libperl.nlm, there are 'anomalies' (to my knowledge) that
need a more experienced head than mine to resolve.

Norm