NWCLARK TPF grant report #7

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
October 24, 2011 08:29
Subject:
NWCLARK TPF grant report #7
Message ID:
20111024152914.GB37285@plum.flirble.org
Zero hours.

Too much going on, to, in, around and from the German Perl Workshop to get
any clear time dedicated to work. Still not sure of the best way to get to
Erlangen. [March 5th-7th 2012 - http://conferences.yapceurope.org/gpw2012/]

In the interstitial times, did manage to get Porting/bisect.pl to build
all XS extensions back to 5.002 on NetBSD and OpenBSD, and miniperl on 5.000.

Portability to the "other" BSDs is left as an exercise to the reader.

(I think we're into diminishing returns here. And I don't have access to them
Big endian SysV Unix with vendor compilers would be far more useful and
interesting. But I don't have access to any of them either)

Nicholas Clark