A question on conforming to the well-formed-ness of filenames

From:
Marc Green
Date:
October 21, 2011 09:43
Subject:
A question on conforming to the well-formed-ness of filenames
Message ID:
CAAL1P-HvA04x3e45xLOoRrkCtHBRuh_3WUOFt-ZrpdrDogm_4Q@mail.gmail.com
Hello all,

I wrote a test case for Pod::Html that tests if it can find POD files that
are within a directory that has a '.' in its name. To test this, I have a
directory, 'test.lib', which t/porting/filenames.t complains about.

On #p5p, it was discussed the reason that filenames.t complains is because
VMS that is grumpy about '.' in directory names. (This is not documented in
filenames.t, as ilmari pointed out.)

What should I do to make this test pass? I can either remove the test, or
create/remove the directory while the test is running (which may not work if
tests are running in parallel), or perhaps some other solution.

Thank you,
Marc