[perl #101336] d527ce7c pp_caller UTF8 cleanup broke B::C XSLoader

From:
Reini Urban via RT
Date:
October 17, 2011 11:30
Subject:
[perl #101336] d527ce7c pp_caller UTF8 cleanup broke B::C XSLoader
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-10641-1318876205-1011.101336-14-0@perl.org
Found a workaround
http://code.google.com/p/perl-compiler/issues/detail?id=77

I added a XSLoader::load_file function with a sane API in r1190, which does not use caller() and
its new problem with using HEK instead of the stashname PV. We have no caller info since we
freeze/thaw the state after BEGIN, when the bootstrap call was already made, and we have no
caller information for this call. We successfully faked it until 5.15.3 in dl_init(), now we use our
private XSLoader::load_file()
--
Reini Urban