[perl #94306] mro skips over first element of linearized isa array

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 10, 2011 23:45
Subject:
[perl #94306] mro skips over first element of linearized isa array
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-31297-1318315547-394.94306-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Jul 10 13:18:54 2011, flora wrote:
> "Father Chrysostomos via RT" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> writes:
>
> > I’m wondering whether Perl should check whether the first element is
> > the same name before skipping it. Or maybe Perl should never skip the
> > first name.
>
> Either of those things would make implementing modules such as
> MRO::Magic a whole lot easier.

With commit 02cab67 I’ve implemented a slight variation on the theme:
Now mro_get_linear_isa returns a modified array that *does* include the
class name, if what the plugin returned did not have it.

This means mro::get_linear_isa will also return the same.