[perl #100514] panic: realloc at ...dedup line 309...(program dies)

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
October 10, 2011 17:23
Subject:
[perl #100514] panic: realloc at ...dedup line 309...(program dies)
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-31297-1318292606-1919.100514-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Oct 07 00:05:09 2011, sprout wrote:
> On Thu Oct 06 22:23:45 2011, LAWalsh wrote:
> > Was that enough data to go on, or do you still want the prog?
>
> I don’t have a system I can reproduce that on, I don’t think.  Would you
> be willing to compile your own perl?  That way you could try removing
> that check and see whether it works.
>
> Your response seems to suggest that my initial diagnosis was correct.

dromedary has 32Gb, which should be enough to test this type of bug.

And please enable CC to perl5-porters if you're going to use the web
interface to respond to tickets.

I'd still like the full program, or at least enough of it to reproduce
the bug.

Tony