Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in a future release of Perl

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
October 6, 2011 03:52
Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in a future release of Perl
Message ID:
20111006105243.GA9558@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 10:03:52AM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> [Consider what happens at the moment with Win32 and VMS, which are regularly
> tested. There are still lots of small test breakages, because most people
> are developing on some flavour of Unix, and don't even realise that they
> have made a portability error.]

And we have the same problem on Irix.  I reported build problems ages
ago, but haven't been able to do anything about it because the Irix box
I was using has gone away.  It seems that no-one else wants to use a
vaguely up-to-date perl on Irix.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than
by drinking alcohol.    -- W C Fields