Re: [perl #100190] RFE: fix sprintf to be consistent with printf andbe useful!

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
October 5, 2011 16:12
Re: [perl #100190] RFE: fix sprintf to be consistent with printf andbe useful!
Message ID:
CAHhgV8gd3Sra6F8QUZHysGGGdO66Q=i7odoRniDh86x4ZZqDLw@mail.gmail.com
 On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Brian Fraser <fraserbn@gmail.com> wrote:
> And it's not like prototypes haven't been changed before (to tchrist's
> chagrin, e.g.
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2011/04/msg171420.html).

Most of the changes are completely backwards compatible (e.g. «(;$)»
stricter, but not in ways that should break any working code (e.g.

Not that I'd mind getting rid of most prototypes in builtins, I'd just
like them to be conditional on «use 5.016;», which won't be trivial
AFAIK.

Leon