Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Zsb=E1n_Ambrus?=
Date:
October 2, 2011 23:27
Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl
Message ID:
CAHku1CHDz3G4OKRXvgHxPTDEi_boVKuFoi-tWbD+Oy80LVAPOw@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:
> We could
> still continue to support EBCDIC on Perl if we were able to get access to an
> EBCDIC machine for testing and minimal development.  That means that all we
> would need is for a user with the right environment to step forward.
>  Failing that, it means that no user (if not personally, then their company)
> finds it sufficiently important to have more modern Perls working in an
> EBCDIC environment.

Okay, but at least wait three more weeks before you all decide that
nobody is willing to give you a testing environment.  If someone who
has read these mails would want to give you access to such a test
machine, he or she would first have to get permission from the company
that owns the machine, and running that through coprporate hierarchy
(PHBs) might take some time.

Ambrus