Re: [perl #100364] exit doesn't match its documentation

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
September 30, 2011 13:25
Re: [perl #100364] exit doesn't match its documentation
Message ID:
CALJW-qEcm0eGs87EJsGnWCofmMqUkc9-uNKXaWC+z3fJFy2rrg@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:

> You could accurately say:
>
>    exit ARITHEXPR
>    exit(TERMEXPR)
>

> except with the understanding that an arithmetic expression beginning with
> a paren will be treated as the latter form.

I don't see how that helps. <<1,2>> was given as an example of a problematic
expression and it is neither arithemtic nor a term.

That and arithmetic expressions don't necessarilly start with parens. Isn't
the syntax simply the following:

   exit TERM

A TERM is a simple value or an expression in parenthesis.

- Eric