Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
September 30, 2011 07:25
Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl
Message ID:
CAJuepptZtYiY6XR43WwnTSpcz1t6a=FsyiZfcP3UKdW7A9e=bw@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 4:19 PM, David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR **
>>
>> There is another approach from their, which is quite unlikely: they could
>> start spending their efforts and resources on improving EBCDIC on perl,
>> but I very much doubt so.
>
> a sensible approach is to define an EBCDIC input-output layer and be done
> with it.

You haven't looked at the EBCDIC code, have you?

--
There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'. It is
'dead'. -- Jack Cohen