Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
September 30, 2011 06:15
Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl
Message ID:
CA+vYcVxY481z1HPHJZ8T-QsBKN1XQMgziZ32p-hh2vLbFNptrA@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:
> Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
>>There should be no 'forks' of open source projects maintained by
>>vendors.  That just leads into pain and suffering.
>
> But forking is their right, subject to the free software licenses.

I'm not so sure what they're doing actually does comply with the
Artistic License.  Isn't there some business in there about either
renaming the modified version to something else or making the source
code changes available in some form?

Not that enforcing compliance would be likely to help much as it would
probably result in a dump of changes that wouldn't be applicable to
blead and still couldn't be tested.