Re: [perl #100190] RFE: fix sprintf to be consistent with printf andbe useful!

From:
Chas. Owens
Date:
September 30, 2011 02:38
Re: [perl #100190] RFE: fix sprintf to be consistent with printf andbe useful!
Message ID:
CAH2YjjGgB4gTo8SdXz5cyYHjrmo7LD9Wxc_9tDGjHoT4ENMJ8A@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 04:44, Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com> wrote:
snip

>>  open FOOBAR, "file", "mode";
>>
>> FOOBAR doesn't look like a simple scalar.  Doesn't need quotes, has no $
>> Why do you consider it a simple scalar?
>
> It's a glob, which is a scalar.

I could have sworn FOOBAR in that case was just a bareword (and there
for just "FOOBAR") not a glob.  I do know that

open "FOOBAR", ">", $file or die "could not open $file: $!";

works.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net