Re: [perl #100364] exit doesn't match its documentation

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
September 29, 2011 16:10
Re: [perl #100364] exit doesn't match its documentation
Message ID:
20110929231013.GF1987@klangraum.plasmasturm.org
* Father Chrysostomos via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> [2011-09-29 17:45]:
> On Thu Sep 29 07:22:07 2011, nicholas wrote:
> > I find perlfunc unhelpful if it uses EXPR as the mnemonic for
> > something described as "Keywords related to the control flow of your
> > Perl program", which for all practical purposes is a statement,
> > given that it can't return and hence isn't meaningful as part of
> > a larger expression.
>
> $success or exit;

Or perhaps a lot more commonly,

    my $head = shift // return;