Re: [perl #100364] exit doesn't match its documentation

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
September 29, 2011 07:28
Re: [perl #100364] exit doesn't match its documentation
Message ID:
24616.1317306493@chthon

Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote
   on Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:21:36 BST:

>(I think that goto is the only other "Keyword related to the control flow of
>your Perl program" which can take an EXPR. But it does bug me that
>meaningless expressions such as C<return return> are accepted without
>warning)

This is kinda what my

    print  (3+5)*8;
    return (3+5)*8;

example is about.  return is a keyword related to the control flow
of your Perl program that takes an expression.  The EXPR given to
int, print, and return all three act different(ly) to/from one another.

--tom