Re: [perl #100190] RFE: fix sprintf to be consistent with printf and be useful!

From:
Linda W
Date:
September 28, 2011 18:53
Re: [perl #100190] RFE: fix sprintf to be consistent with printf and be useful!
Message ID:
4E83CF7F.9070201@tlinx.org

Leon Timmermans wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Linda W <perl-diddler@tlinx.org> wrote:
>
>> Ya know...for someone who talks like what they think they know what they
>> are talking about, they might wanna check their examples before telling
>> people
>> that they can do "XXX", cuz your example doesn't work (and I wasted a bit of
>> time
>> thinking you knew what you were talking about!  (dictionary, gullible: me).
>>

> Dear Linda,
>
> Could you please refrain from stabbing people who try to help you? The
> fact that they posted code that's not entirely correct does not
> justify personal attacks.

----
    Can you tell me what about the above could possibly be taken personally?

Is it not true that they talk like someone who knows what they are
talking about?

Is it wrong to say they should check their examples before telling other
people ho
to use them?

I called my self  gullible, which you might consider personal, but I
think that's
between me and myself -- and I certainly couldn't make it work.

It didn't occur to me to think he was talking about array slices.

'STABBING PEOPLE'...WTF?  get a life Leon.  Yeah, you can take that as
personally
as you dealt it.

> Thanks you,
>
> Leon

You're welcome, you!  *pblblblb*...(that means don't take the above as
very personal (heck, I don't
even know you...but stop thinking the world is made of eggshells!!))

linda