Re: [perl #68198] Perl can't find its relocatable libraries wheninvoked non-absolute

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
September 28, 2011 02:43
Re: [perl #68198] Perl can't find its relocatable libraries wheninvoked non-absolute
Message ID:
20110928094330.GV23881@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 01:08:44AM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> After installing with -Duserelocatableinc Perl can only find its
> libraries if run with a full path.  For example,
> /usr/local/perl/blead/bin/perl.  When run via a symlink or PATH it
> cannot find its libraries, presumably because $^X is not absolute.

Yes, spot on.

> This limits the utility of -Duserelocatableinc.

Agree. :-)

I wasn't aware of a way to make $^X absolute on OS X (given that exec()
can be used to put anything you like in argv[0])

Now that I am, I've implemented it. (And a better approach for FreeBSD,
and the correct paths for current Solaris and NetBSD. Linux always worked
as long as /proc was mounted)

Nicholas Clark