[perl #68198] Perl can't find its relocatable libraries when invoked non-absolute

From:
Nicholas Clark via RT
Date:
September 28, 2011 02:37
Subject:
[perl #68198] Perl can't find its relocatable libraries when invoked non-absolute
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-31297-1317202634-877.68198-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Mar 04 05:57:50 2011, anbryan@akamai.com wrote:
> When using userelocatableinc on darwin, it seems perl's @INC is invalid
> unless perl is executed with its full path (I've not had this issue on linux
> platforms)... for example:

Thanks for the report. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes, this is because perl only had code convert $^X to an absolute path on Linux, FreeBSD and
NetBSD, by reading a symlink in /proc

I've now added code to use _NSGetExecutablePath() on OS X to convert $^X to an absolute
pathname, merged to blead in commit 6f31bef90fda3b9a. It will be in the development release
5.15.4, and next year's stable release 5.16.0

We're only merging critical build fixes and regressions to stable maintenance branches, so this
won't be in a future 5.14.x or 5.12.x

Nicholas Clark