Camel/Dromedary will be replaced tomorrow

From:
Dennis Kaarsemaker
Date:
September 27, 2011 13:32
Subject:
Camel/Dromedary will be replaced tomorrow
Message ID:
1317155537.21037.12.camel@localhost
With 5.15.3 and 5.14.2 out the door, I will replace camel and dromedary
tomorrow. There will be some changes:

- There will be no NFS homedirectories anymore. The old homedirectories
  will be available in the new NFS mount /shared/$loginname -- please
  move things you want local to your homedirectory. /shared will not go
  away, so if you do want something shared (like your ~/.bashrc), leave
  it there and create a symlink to it.

- ssh now reads the authorized keys from LDAP. This means you cannot add
  new ssh keys yourself. This will be fixed later on.

- As with every move, some package or file may be missed. Let me know
  via mail or irc (Seveas on irc.perl.org) if something is amiss.

Please consider camel and dromedary off-limits from 10:00 CEST to 11:00
CEST on wednesday september 28. Actual downtime, especially for
read-only git/rsync/http operations, should be (much) less.

--
Dennis Kaarsemaker        Senior Unix Systems Administrator
Amsterdam, The Netherlands   dennis.kaarsemaker@booking.com