Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT ina future release of Perl

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
September 26, 2011 09:19
Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT ina future release of Perl
Message ID:
4E80A621.5010406@iki.fi
On Monday-201109-26 18:13, Peter Prymmer wrote:
> Doesn't taking it out represent more (potentially risky) work?

That's what I am wondering.  Even in the best case it makes the
(hopefully eventual) restoring of the platform quite a bit messier
(since the code will live, making patching harder).