Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT ina future release of Perl

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
September 26, 2011 09:11
Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT ina future release of Perl
Message ID:
4E80A429.8010501@iki.fi

> Executive summary: some current users of the Perl on z/OS need to step
> up, and do the porting/support, or it will not happen.

I haven't seen the beginning of the discussion: is the plan to remove
#ifdef EBCDIC etc. code?  Is it such a maintenance burden?  I thought it
was reasonably well contained.