Reordering perlvar

From:
Dave Rolsky
Date:
September 26, 2011 07:38
Subject:
Reordering perlvar
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.00.1109260935220.5645@urth.org
I made a branch for reordering perlvar a bit. This isn't a huge change,
just some moving variable definitions around to try to group like things
together.

The biggest change is I made a new "interpreter state variables" section
that's near the end of the document. I put stuff like $COMPILING and
${^ENCODING} here. My theory is that this is wizards-only stuff, so
keeping it separate makes the document more usable.

I'm considering going a little further and just calling this section
"obscure shit" (ok, something better than that) and moving more stuff
there. For example, $^F and $^M could probably go in such a section too.

I've made each change as a separate commit, so we can argue about them
individually.

I'd appreciate any feedback people might have on the current changes and
my proposal above.

Thanks,

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)