RE: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl

From:
eterwedo
Date:
September 26, 2011 03:25
RE: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl
Message ID:
2547A4DFD6E6A84EA004CCC8ACEAF97CCE18@naembx40.exchange.ford.com
Hello,

We still customize Perl in our USS environment and we use it in a few of our web interfaces. I would appreciate if the open source community will continue to support the product.

This is not highest priority and we do not need latest releases in line with the rest of the Perl community but it would be important to continue the IBM open source commitment to have Perl on the list of supported products.

Please let me know if you decide to stop the support for Perl so that I can inform the user community in my company that this is no longer a viable solution.

Thanks and kind regards from the global Ford company.

Kind Regards,
Egon Terwedow, Supervisor Global Mainframe Engineering
NE/E-119, (8701.8455) ext. +49.221.901.8455 Mobile +49 173 6467850,VOIP 8703-0374
Ford-Werke GmbH,Henry-Ford-Straße 1, 50735 Köln,Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln,Registergericht Köln, HRB 54183,Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Stephen Odell,Geschäftsführung: Bernhard Mattes (Vorsitzender), Wolfgang Booms, Dirk Heller, Caspar Hohage, Dr. Hermann H. Hollmann, Rainer Ludwig, Rüdiger Minrath, Dr. Wolfgang Schneider