Re: Smoke [blead] v5.15.3-33-g0f8d4b5 FAIL(F) linux 2.6.38-11-generic[debian] (x86_64/8 cpu)

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
September 24, 2011 15:16
Re: Smoke [blead] v5.15.3-33-g0f8d4b5 FAIL(F) linux 2.6.38-11-generic[debian] (x86_64/8 cpu)
Message ID:
4E7E56BE.3040707@khwilliamson.com
On 09/22/2011 10:27 PM, Karl Williamson wrote:
> This was caused by a patch that added a Todo test.  This is supposed to
> work, but as you can see, it doesn't under minitest.  The problem turns
> out to be that t/re/regexp.t (which all these call) hand rolls its
> tests, instead of using, say, t/test.pl, so that it prints out the
> failure diagnosis without leading '#' signs, a violation of TAP.  The
> attached patch fixes this, but I'm uncertain if it should be applied, so
> am seeking counsel.  The patch copies the _comment() sub from test.pl
> which returns its parameter with every line in it changed to begin with
> a '# '.  And then this is called for multi-line diagnostic output.

[snip]
> And _comment() uses regexes to add the comment markers.  And the .t file
> is testing regexes, so things may not be in a good enough state to use
> them.  But the .t file already does have some code that uses regexes to
> test regexes, and the subroutine is good enough for t/test.pl.  So is it
> good enough for this .t?

No one has commented so far on the patch that was attached, and it has
passed smoke-me tests.  So I've committed it to clear the regular smokes
to avoid masking things that are real problems.  If someone thinks later
that the patch is inadvisable, we can deal with that at that time.