Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
September 23, 2011 12:02
Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in afuture release of Perl
Message ID:
CA+vYcVyaeb2dDRoh05XkzuEsKrcks0M3Fv3kA5RxaKtbgJNqUg@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:
> We don't currently have evidence that native support for EBCDIC systems in Perl is in use by anyone or that it currently works at all.
>
> If you use Perl on an EBCDIC system, please either reply to this message or contact me off list.  If nobody speaks up for EBCDIC, there's a pretty good chance that it will be on the way to Valhalla in the not-too-distant future.

Just adding perl-mvs to the cc list as interested parties would more
likely be found there than on p5p.  The impression I have is that no
one with an interest in open source has had access in some years, and,
by process of deduction, no one with access has an interest in open
source.