Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in a future release of Perl

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
September 23, 2011 10:00
Re: Speak up now about your use of EBCDIC or WE WILL REMOVE IT in a future release of Perl
Message ID:
6329.1316797218@chthon

Michael Peters <mpeters@plusthree.com> wrote
   on Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:56:31 EDT:

> I don't know about tested, but I've definitely used Encode and EBCDIC to
> talk to an AS400 before (using Inline::Java and the IBM JTOpen Java
> classes to boot). So yeah it does work, but it definitely doesn't belong
> anywhere else bug Encode.

I do love these Freudian moments. :)

--tom