base.pm patch (before we forget about it)

From:
John Peacock
Date:
September 22, 2011 03:06
Subject:
base.pm patch (before we forget about it)
Message ID:
4E7B088A.1020300@havurah-software.org
Attached is a revised patch to base.pm to remove the "-1, set by
base.pm" and replace it with the undef value.  What is truly annoying
about this behavior is that base.pm never even checks for this fake
$VERSION value, so it doesn't make any difference what it is set to.

This change will prevent version.pm from choking on illegal $VERSION's
when using base.pm.  The CPAN release of version.pm as well as the
equivalent code in the Perl core since 5.10.0 treat an undef $VERSION as
equivalent to 0 for comparison purposes and does not throw a warning or
error.

John