NWCLARK TPF grant report #2

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
September 19, 2011 09:42
Subject:
NWCLARK TPF grant report #2
Message ID:
20110919164234.GU37285@plum.flirble.org
Like last week, generating this isn't yet automated.

[Hours]		[Activity]

2011/09/12	Monday
0.75		POSIX Win32
1.75		reading/responding to list mail
1.25		POSIX Solaris (yay!)
3.00		relocatable inc

2011/09/13	Tuesday
0.50		POSIX
7.75		relocatable inc [POSIX 0:30+]
0.25		Storable

2011/09/14	Wednesday
3.25		relocatable inc [and related collateral]
1.00		stdbool
2.25		reading/responding to list mail (including #98662 and //)
2.00		de-duplicate includes [75006f0f4402bbab]

2011/09/15	Thursday
4.00		reading/responding to list mail
3.75		relocatable inc [and related collateral]

2011/09/15	Friday
0.25		Jesse's plan
6.00		Porting/chkcfgvar.pl

2011/09/16	Saturday
1.00		Jesse's plan

2011/09/17	Sunday
0.75		Jesse's plan

Which I believe makes 39.5 hours.

I'm above average currently, but there are two weeks in October where I'm
likely to do little or no work on the core. [Attending the German Perl
Workshop in Frankfurt from 19th-21st October taking up most of the second
week.]

"POSIX" and "Storable" from last week are now merged.

I've spend a chunk of the time working on relocatable INC, prompted by
Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson's patch for Solaris. As ever, it revealed
other things that need looking at. Probing for <stdbool.h> is now in blead.
That's a pre-requisite for finding the absolute path of $^X on OS X.
[Which is an open bug, but offhand I don't know which]. I have a mostly
done patches both for that, and for using sysctl() on FreeBSD. As these
need more probes in Configure, I discovered that keeping
Porting/chkcfgvar.pl happy is more work that it could be, so set about
automating as much of that as possible. That's in a branch.

I haven't actually managed to get back to the original planned task for
*last* Monday, which was testing Cwd on earlier Perl versions.

Nicholas Clark