HvNAME vs HvNAME_get

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
September 18, 2011 17:13
Subject:
HvNAME vs HvNAME_get
Message ID:
D2B46A32-BCE7-450C-9C60-812361779A43@cpan.org
HvNAME used to be an lvalue.

Between 5.8 and 5.10, HvNAME_get (an rvalue version) was added, as it was faster than HvNAME.  The core was changed throughout to use HvNAME_get.  But later, HvNAME was redefined in terms of HvNAME_get.

So the HvNAME_get form is redundant.

When I added HvENAME_get, I noticed only afterwards that HvNAME was part of the API, so I added HvENAME to copy it.

I would like to eliminate the _get forms if possible.

Is HvNAME_get (and HvNAMELEN_get and HvENAME_get) used on CPAN?  grep.cpan.me seems to be down most of the time I try to use it.