Re: Perl 5.16 and Beyond.

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Zsb=E1n_Ambrus?=
Date:
September 18, 2011 11:23
Re: Perl 5.16 and Beyond.
Message ID:
CAHku1CFWFsZbKg7-U3U3OgvUx1YLks9u5USJ134C28jWZ80GaQ@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:
> If a core feature (syntactic or semantic) is removed, a "use v5.xx"
> declaration for a earlier version of Perl 5 should re-enable the feature.

I wonder, if this is the case, there should be a way for a module to
declare "this code requires perl 5.xx or later (some of my customers
still haven't upgraded from 5.xx), but I am really developping for a
newer perl 5.yy, so don't try to emulate any backwards compatibility
features before that please".

Ambrus