Re: Perl4::Corelibs migration strategy; META dependencies etc?

From:
Dominic Hargreaves
Date:
September 18, 2011 10:29
Re: Perl4::Corelibs migration strategy; META dependencies etc?
Message ID:
20110918172926.GX1521@urchin.earth.li
On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:10:47PM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 08:31:21PM +0100, Zefram wrote:
> > Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > >I'm working on getting the 100+ Debian packages which use perl 4
> > >libraries
> >
> > I'm surprised you have so many.  What kind of packages are they?
>
> Mostly buried away utility scripts that are quite possibly not even
> used (and admittedly, a very small number of CPAN libs, although
> including the current CPAN release of CGI.pm...):
>
> http://www.larted.org.uk/~dom/tmp/perl4-libs-grep.txt

Dynamic lists are now available at:

<http://lintian.debian.org/tags/perl-module-uses-perl4-libs-without-dep.html>
<http://lintian.debian.org/tags/script-uses-perl4-libs-without-dep.html>

As noted above CGI.pm uses shellwords; this is true even in the version
in blead. Does use of a deprecated library in core warrant a perlbug?

Dominic.