Re: Writable files in perl release tarballs

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
September 11, 2011 09:06
Re: Writable files in perl release tarballs
Message ID:
CADED=K7JAh1HpNAJSyLi21JOGvOWpUhgow6hWgbx+eHB4vFVzg@mail.gmail.com
On 11 September 2011 07:11, Andreas J. Koenig
<andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:

>  > It has occurred to me that this might cause a problem when next
>  > uploading a perl release if there is special handling in the PAUSE
>  > indexer to allow certain files to be writable and the list is no
>  > longer as expected.
>
> Pause does not check whether files are writable rather writable by "other".

Ah, yes - "world writables". I remember now.

I've therefore updated the list to include the missing files. I
suspect it's pointless for most Windows users anyway, but it doesn't
hurt so it's safer than removing them all instead.