Re: Some preliminary cpan smoking reports

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
September 4, 2011 14:33
Re: Some preliminary cpan smoking reports
Message ID:
CANSL5VE3vDGBOv5ryhZeWZUqergVuyFPW9HskiJ0VSmkrqjiqg@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Reverend Chip <rev.chip@gmail.com> wrote:
> There may be something else unexplained going on.  I just did a
> perlbrew-like localized installation of magicflags1 branch, and used
> cpanm to build Moose 2.0204, and it compiled and passed its self tests,
> which I'm happy about of course.  But the smoke report suggests that
> should not have worked.

Actually the smoke test said that 2.0004 is the one that failed, not 2.0204.
 I have reproduced the failure.  But the failure seems unrelated to
magicflags1; it's in t/basics/require_superclasses.t and has to do with
version satisfaction.  And 2.0204 does work with magicflags1.  So I think
it's a non-issue for both the patch and the smoke process (except insofar as
the smoke needs a bit of a CPAN index update :-)).