Re: Some preliminary cpan smoking reports

From:
Reverend Chip
Date:
September 4, 2011 13:28
Re: Some preliminary cpan smoking reports
Message ID:
4E63DF0C.6000606@gmail.com
On 9/4/2011 7:20 AM, Steffen Mueller wrote:
> Turns out I accidentally built a reference perl that is considerably
> newer than the base of chip's branch. Doh! So much for working on trains.

Oops.  Well yay understanding.

> So yes. This can cause both false-positives and false-negatives.
> Should I restart the smoke? In a few days(?) we might actually have
> stronger hardware available.

There may be something else unexplained going on.  I just did a
perlbrew-like localized installation of magicflags1 branch, and used
cpanm to build Moose 2.0204, and it compiled and passed its self tests,
which I'm happy about of course.  But the smoke report suggests that
should not have worked.  If you can figure out what caused that, then
restarting would be in order.  I'm using -DDEBUGGING, no optimization,
on x86 32-bit.