Re: Some preliminary cpan smoking reports

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
September 4, 2011 02:55
Re: Some preliminary cpan smoking reports
Message ID:
20110904095451.GR23881@plum.flirble.org
On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 08:23:08PM -0700, Reverend Chip wrote:

> Information!  Wonderful, delicious facts!  Thank you muchly.
>
> Now to dive into the specifics, which will also take time.
> The number of modules that went from fail or unknown to pass seems odd,
> doesn't it?

I happened to look at Coro. The fail is because of Steffen's (intermediate)
XS changes. The pass would be because the branch being smoked is either
based on Steffen's final XS version, or from before Steffen's changes.

Which is unfortunate. The test really needs to be between a branch, and the
point on blead where the test diverged. Does Steffen's smoker script
instead use "current blead" as its base point?

Nicholas Clark