Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact

From:
George Greer
Date:
September 3, 2011 21:13
Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact
Message ID:
alpine.LFD.2.02.1109040009260.15108@ein.m-l.org
On Sat, 3 Sep 2011, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 12:07:20AM +0200, Leon Timmermans wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM, David Golden <xdaveg@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Smoking a subset is more realistic and as you point out, it can be
>>> parallelized.  E.g. Assuming funding for it, firing up 20+ amazon spot
>>> instances could chew through a CPAN subset fairly quickly.  (E.g.
>>> high-CPU spot price is currently 0.06/hour).  I suspect that could
>>> chew through, for example, the constituents of Task::Kensho for a
>>> reasonable price per run.
>>
>> Task::Kensho's constituents are generally speaking written much better
>> than most perl code. I'm not so sure it's really representative for
>> the DarkPAN.
>
> A subset is certainly a reasonable first pass, but I'd be uncomfortable
> with anything less than a full CPAN smoke before merge.

I'd be happy to run it along with the perl smokes, although we should have
a different git branch pattern for those. (smoke-cpan/*?)

--
George Greer