Re: Some preliminary cpan smoking reports

From:
Reverend Chip
Date:
September 3, 2011 20:24
Re: Some preliminary cpan smoking reports
Message ID:
4E62EF1C.3070009@gmail.com
On 9/3/2011 4:35 AM, Steffen Mueller wrote:
> Sorry for hijacking the thread about the actual core changes earlier.
>
> On 09/02/2011 10:49 PM, Reverend Chip wrote:
>> To accompany Jesse's efforts to explain what makes a patch acceptable
>> -- and I really like the phrase "free as in puppies" -- I wrote the
>> below summary of the changes I have pending.  Steffen++ is CPAN
>> smoking the magic flags patch; some of the other patches need CPAN
>> smoking too.
>
> Here's the current set of differences between the copy of blead and
> chip/magicflags1 that I started smoking. I skipped all cases in the
> output where a report is missing for either of the perls. That's very
> common.
>
> http://steffen-mueller.net/tmp/out

Information!  Wonderful, delicious facts!  Thank you muchly.

Now to dive into the specifics, which will also take time.
The number of modules that went from fail or unknown to pass seems odd,
doesn't it?