Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
September 3, 2011 15:12
Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact
Message ID:
20110903221223.GJ28127@fsck.bestpractical.com

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 12:07:20AM +0200, Leon Timmermans wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM, David Golden <xdaveg@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Smoking a subset is more realistic and as you point out, it can be
> > parallelized.  E.g. Assuming funding for it, firing up 20+ amazon spot
> > instances could chew through a CPAN subset fairly quickly.  (E.g.
> > high-CPU spot price is currently 0.06/hour).  I suspect that could
> > chew through, for example, the constituents of Task::Kensho for a
> > reasonable price per run.
>
> Task::Kensho's constituents are generally speaking written much better
> than most perl code. I'm not so sure it's really representative for
> the DarkPAN.

A subset is certainly a reasonable first pass, but I'd be uncomfortable
with anything less than a full CPAN smoke before merge.