Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
September 3, 2011 15:07
Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact
Message ID:
CAHhgV8jeTDuSkc_rezO6ybgd4FCEwKKGXsRj8G4NGgC=qk3N3Q@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM, David Golden <xdaveg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Smoking a subset is more realistic and as you point out, it can be
> parallelized.  E.g. Assuming funding for it, firing up 20+ amazon spot
> instances could chew through a CPAN subset fairly quickly.  (E.g.
> high-CPU spot price is currently 0.06/hour).  I suspect that could
> chew through, for example, the constituents of Task::Kensho for a
> reasonable price per run.

Task::Kensho's constituents are generally speaking written much better
than most perl code. I'm not so sure it's really representative for
the DarkPAN.

Leon