Some preliminary cpan smoking reports

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
September 3, 2011 04:35
Subject:
Some preliminary cpan smoking reports
Message ID:
4E621105.70109@cpan.org
Sorry for hijacking the thread about the actual core changes earlier.

On 09/02/2011 10:49 PM, Reverend Chip wrote:
> To accompany Jesse's efforts to explain what makes a patch acceptable
> -- and I really like the phrase "free as in puppies" -- I wrote the
> below summary of the changes I have pending.  Steffen++ is CPAN
> smoking the magic flags patch; some of the other patches need CPAN
> smoking too.

Here's the current set of differences between the copy of blead and
chip/magicflags1 that I started smoking. I skipped all cases in the
output where a report is missing for either of the perls. That's very
common.

http://steffen-mueller.net/tmp/out

Note also, that not all of these difference can possibly be attributed
to Chip's changes but rather to dubious smoking circumstances or
whatever. But going from 20k distributions down to a hundred for manual
review is already a big win, I think. Keep in mind that the smoker is
far from done!

Best regards,
Steffen