Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
September 3, 2011 04:01
Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact
Message ID:
4E620904.9060308@cpan.org
On 09/03/2011 12:54 PM, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> I can grow that, but need to unmount the filesystem for it.
>
> [root@dromedary ~]# pvs
>    PV                VG         Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
>    /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 VolGroup00 lvm2 a-   270.44G 190.44G
> [root@dromedary ~]# lvresize -L +25G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02
>    Extending logical volume LogVol02 to 50.00 GB
>    Logical volume LogVol02 successfully resized
> [root@dromedary ~]# resize2fs /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02
> resize2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)
> Filesystem at /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02 is mounted on /scratch/steffen;
> on-line resizing required
> resize2fs: Filesystem does not support online resizing
>
> Let me know when that's ok to do.

Appreciated! But I'll have to stop smoking for that. Then I'll have to
expend the effort to make it restartable where it left off anyway. Then,
I don't need the extra space...

Bad planning/estimation on my part!

I'll try to get to this during the week-end, but I'm still recovering.
My head is the size of a large pumpkin.

Cheers,
Steffen