Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact

From:
Dennis Kaarsemaker
Date:
September 3, 2011 03:54
Re: A summary of Chip patches and potential impact
Message ID:
1315047288.2508.8.camel@localhost
On za, 2011-09-03 at 12:11 +0200, Steffen Mueller wrote:

> But that's not all: I had a 25GB scratch directory created
> specifically
> for this on the machine by Dennis (thank you!). It currently looks
> like
> this:
>
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02
>                         25G   19G  4.7G  81% /scratch/steffen

I can grow that, but need to unmount the filesystem for it.

[root@dromedary ~]# pvs
  PV                VG         Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
  /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 VolGroup00 lvm2 a-   270.44G 190.44G
[root@dromedary ~]# lvresize -L +25G /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02
  Extending logical volume LogVol02 to 50.00 GB
  Logical volume LogVol02 successfully resized
[root@dromedary ~]# resize2fs /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02
resize2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)
Filesystem at /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02 is mounted on /scratch/steffen;
on-line resizing required
resize2fs: Filesystem does not support online resizing

Let me know when that's ok to do.
--
Dennis Kaarsemaker        Senior Unix Systems Administrator
Amsterdam, The Netherlands   dennis.kaarsemaker@booking.com