develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2011

[perl #97872] Re: Bleadperl v5.15.2-9-gab1478f breaks GFUJI/Mouse-0.93.tar.gz

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
August 27, 2011 18:46
Subject:
[perl #97872] Re: Bleadperl v5.15.2-9-gab1478f breaks GFUJI/Mouse-0.93.tar.gz
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-31297-1314398076-1533.97872-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Steffen Mueller
# Please include the string:  [perl #97872]

On 08/26/2011 07:30 PM, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:

>    xs-src/Mouse.xs:457:1: error: multiple storage classes in declaration specifiers
>    xs-src/Mouse.xs:458:1: error: multiple storage classes in declaration specifiers
>    xs-src/Mouse.xs:459:1: error: multiple storage classes in declaration specifiers
>    xs-src/Mouse.xs:460:1: error: multiple storage classes in declaration specifiers

The superficial check I've done suggests that this is because Mouse sort
of sidesteps the XSUB declaration generation done by EU::ParseXS by
declaring an XSUB using a special macro that is internally using XS(name).

I can't imagine making this work with perls from 5.15.2 onwards would be
hard (Fuji-san: please just git show the perl commit in question or send
me a note if that is unclear). I also don't think this is a very common
issue and we can simply cooperate to make Mouse forward-compatible. Yet
technically, the XS(name)-becoming-static change is an incompatible one,
so if we were to be entirely pedantic, I would have to carefully
reconsider this whole issue.

Best regards,
Steffen