develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2011

[perl #95972] Patch: Fix typos in several pod/perl*.pod files

From:
kst @ mib . org
Date:
July 31, 2011 23:16
Subject:
[perl #95972] Patch: Fix typos in several pod/perl*.pod files
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-7815-1312063649-1947.95972-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  kst@mib.org
# Please include the string:  [perl #95972]

This patch corrects some typos in several pod/perl*.pod files.

Apart from some obvious misspellings, some of these changes might
need some discussion (though IMHO all the changes are correct):

"nan" --> "NaN"
"invocand" --> "invocant"
"errorprone" --> "error-prone"
"supercalifragilisticexpialidoceous" --> "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"

(Rakudo consistently uses "invocant", not "invocand".)

I also noticed a mix of US and UK spellings.  For example, the ratio
of "behavior" to "behaviour" is very close to 1:1.  I didn't touch
any of those.  Is there a policy for that?  Should there be?

I'll try to go through the other *.pod files when I get a chance.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@mib.org  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Nokia