develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2011

Configure updates

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
July 31, 2011 08:06
Subject:
Configure updates
Message ID:
20110731170635.2c30dd16@pc09.procura.nl
I've committed today two changes to Configure

1. Disable -Uuseperlio

2. Detect size and signedness of st_ino in stat (for TonyC)

I did *NOT* update configure.com, as I have no idea what to put in
there and nothing is probably better than something wrong.

What I also noted is that on 'make test_porting' a test started to fail
that I never saw before, and that affects mostly my work (assuming
noone else updates Configure and config_h.SH from the metaunits).

'make regen' does NOT update uconfig.h => it does not call
perl regen/uconfig_h.pl and that causes the test to fail:

 # Failed at porting/regen.t line 55
 #      got "config_h.SH uconfig.sh"
 # expected ""

does it make sense to

a) include the required regen calls in 'make regen'
b) include dependencies in the makefile(s) to resolve these
   automatically
c) something else

Whatever, I will have to make documentation notes in the metaconfig
branche regarding required actions, as this one was not yet on my agenda

--
H.Merijn Brand  http://tux.nl      Perl Monger  http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using 5.00307 through 5.14 and porting perl5.15.x on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00,