develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2011

RFC: What mention of user-defined casing should b e left in the docs?

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
RFC: What mention of user-defined casing should b e left in the docs?
Message ID:
4E322B20.6050109@khwilliamson.com
No one has objected to my proposal to go ahead and remove this
problematic feature in 5.16, as planned and documented in 5.14.

The question is what documentation about it to retain?  The 5.14 docs
added significant detail on the problems and issues with this feature.

http://bit.ly/pwkTR7

There was a discussion in p5p on what to do about documenting removed
features, but I can't seem to find it.  I do remember that there were
some people who thought that the documentation should be retained.  But
I wonder what to do in this case where the feature is being removed
because of significant inadequacies in it, such as not following scoping
rules, etc.