develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2011

Re: Is 5.16 the time to remove \N, the complement of \n, frombeing experimental ?

From:
Abigail
Date:
Re: Is 5.16 the time to remove \N, the complement of \n, frombeing experimental ?
Message ID:
20110706080737.GB1678@almanda
On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 07:48:34PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 05:46:40PM -0600, Karl Williamson wrote:
> > This "experimental" feature was added in 5.12.  I have heard no
> > complaints about it.  The changes would be to strip the pods of
> > the marking it experimental.
>
> Is it being used?

I've used it a few times in personal code, but most of the time, /./
does what I want it to.

> (Are folks cpanning modules that use it?)

Not yet, if only because it creates a needless 5.12 dependency.

But then, there are a ton of regexp features which I haven't used beyond
"let's check the code of my slides".

Abigail