develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2011

Re: [perl #93934] pod2html output broken

From:
Marc Green
Date:
Re: [perl #93934] pod2html output broken
Message ID:
CAAL1P-GXPmkSLg9s+-WYotNMHzpUE2Hz=qNdgwQgL5E95r=ABQ@mail.gmail.com
On Jul 3, 2011 4:17 PM, "Daniel Pfeiffer" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> # New Ticket Created by  Daniel Pfeiffer
>

> Frankly I don't really know what to feed to all the options.  For a
> relocatable output I have found the best results come from --podpath=.
> --podroot=. --htmlroot=., but that leads to interpod links like ./.html
for
> L<>.  I have now tracked it down to the fact that the pod path up to the
> prefix must not contain a dot.  So my './xyz.pod' doesn't match anymore
than a
> dir with version number would.  I suppose the intention should be to find
the
> last dot, not the first, as per my patch.  If there is a reason to match
> multiple suffixes, / should be excluded from the 2nd char group instead.

Podroot and podpath should not be used to affect the output; htmlroot,
htmldir, and outfile affect the output and the relativity of cross