develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2011

Uploaded v2 of my bind patch, too

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
July 3, 2011 16:37
Subject:
Uploaded v2 of my bind patch, too
Message ID:
CANSL5VHLu=e=cdXsO_x3=7MEQQ106Csu17HWWBnstSHsMeFtBw@mail.gmail.com
In this discussion of how binds and views are alike and different, I've just
remembered that I implemented simple binds with the := operator, and that
patch also needed updating to blead.  I've done so now, and uploaded the
patch as the "chip/bind2" branch in git.

There are some limitations that need expansion: it's only good at binding
lexicals.  Package names (including subs), 'our' vars, hash elements, and
array elements all might need implementation; if so, then 'local' will be
involved as well.  There's also a possible DWIM when the source of an
array/hash bind is an appropriately typed reference.  See t/op/bind.t for
the TODOs.